17.5.14

cpacrsherr

The Truth Behind The Etisalat EasyFlex Plans

What you are about to read is a true life story about my ordeal with one of the latest Etisalat introduction into the already existing EasyFlex plans. This plan is the EasyFlex 2000.

I previously wrote a post about the new Etisalat EasyFlex plans, Etisalat Nigeria Introduces More Easyflex Bundles, Flex 4,000, Flex 10,000 and Flex20,000 and just as a couch. I decided to test the waters for you, so I optin to experiment despite the fact that my Glo data plan, Glo Always Max subscription was still active.

I recharged 2,000 Naira on my active Etisalat line (Active in the sense that the Etisalat is still in use, not as if I just picked up the SIM) dialed *344*2000# and I was instantly credited with 5,000 Naira in my EasyFlex account with huge sum in my account and a smile on my face.

I was expecting that this could last me at most 3 weeks because I know Android consumes lots of data dough I have been able to control how data is consumed on my Android using Onovo Extend. on Tecno Phantom A Plus

But as if I was having a second taught, I headed straight to my Opera because I want to still conserve more data as Opera can do that for me.

So I began to surf at the speed which no other GSM network could boast of at that point in time.

After surfing for about 26 minutes on Opera, I ended the surfing section and I got a message from Etisalat that I have used 1,825.44 Naira out of the 5,000.00 Naira I was given not more than 30 minutes ago.

All the hairs on my body stood up, I continued to receive messages at other interval especially when I switch off my data.

To cut the long story short and summarize it, I subscribed on the 15th May at 7:01 am and at 7:26 am that same morning, 1,825.44 Naira was gone even without making any call or sending SMS just browsing on Android.

Let’s do the mathematics. 5000 - 1825 = 3175

So about 3,175.00 Naira was left in my account as at 7:29am on May 15th.


At this junction I was feedup, so I switched back to Glo, which I have been using since around December 2012 after roaming through all the networks, I have come to stay with Glo not because it's the best but because it's better and flexible because I share my data to up to five persons irrespective of their location and some other fact best known to me.

On May 16th, I was left with just 1,283.45 Naira and by 9:28 pm that same day, I got a message saying

"Sorry, the auto-renewal of product Easy_Bundle2000 failed because of insufficient balance, kindly recharge with sufficient funds and renew your package via USSD."
And that was the end of the so called Flex2000 plan.
Now, if you followed me clearly, you will discover that this plan didn't carry me for 24 hours.  So that is the end of my experiment.

NOTE: Never join any plan that don't give you MB or GB because browsing without MB or GB is usually expensive, which means you have to pay more

WARNING: This post was not intended to blackmail or rubbish the network provider involved, but is just a way of sharing personal experience. For those who don't use android, they will surly have a different story to tell. And don’t forget I said that Etisalat speed of surfing was the best as at the time of this experiment. If I have my way, I will try Etisalat network on PC not android this time, just to have the feel of that speed once again.

What is your own experience? Do you have a different story to tell? Kindly share it below so that others can learn from you.

Cheers

cpacrsherr

About cpacrsherr -

You are welcome to this blog, Join me from time to time as i bring you information that will make life easy for you, we are in a world of information, the more information you have, the better you will find things easy.

Subscribe to this Blog via Email :